About Me

Thursday 31 March 2016

A Glimpse of Sheridan

Good Morning!

For my last post of the year, I'd like to sort of give all of you a little tour of Sheridan College. As soon as you enter campus, you are welcomed by a modern, bright and colourful environment. It is a place that really does fuel creativity. Even now as I walk the halls I am amazed by the unique architecture.


This is one of the main entrances of the school, or the "SKAET" building. I come through this entrance every day because of the close proximity to one of my classes (Media), and also Second Cup. I have become somewhat obsessed with getting my coffee there every day, because of the fact that I am not a huge fan of Tim Hortons. It helps that there is almost NEVER a line-up here so I can always grab my morning (or afternoon) coffee and make it to class on time. If you walk into this building you can pretty much have access to any classroom on campus through tunnels, which I have really enjoyed.


As you can see, the architecture really is cool. This is also inside the SKAET building, and to the right of the photo are classrooms. Many of the rooms on campus are great for group work, with what we call "puddle tables". Below is the caf, or also known as the Market Place. You will pretty much find yourself here every other day, whether it is to eat lunch or meet up with your group to finish up some extra work before class ;). The caf includes Subway, Thai Express, Pizza Pizza, Tim Horton's Express and more. 




The above photo is an outside glimpse of the J wing. I personally love this building because of its extra modern feel. The inside is open, colourful and bright. This semester the post grads had Advertising Planning Management and Integrated Marketing Communications here. The rooms are very spacious and again, great for presentations and group work. 

The Union Square, which you can kind of see at the bottom left corner of the last photo, is where the Marquee is located. This is a great place to grab some food after a long day of class, or celebrate with a beer with your classmates after a big week of work. The food is amazing, and the staff is friendly and provides great service. I strongly recommend trying it out! 


The above photo is part of the learning commons. This place is fantastic for group work, as puddle tables are everywhere! Each table also has a Sheridan computer to be used, which is great if you are in a mobile computing program. There are also study rooms located on both sides of the learning commons, where groups or individuals can work in a quite environment aside from the white noise. The library is also located nearby, so if you study best with no noise at all, I would suggest going there. Inside the library is probably one of my favourite parts about Sheridan. There are plants reaching all the way to the ceiling, actually making you feel like you are outside or in a rainforest. It has a calming effect which can be great for getting some work done. 


Last but not least, here is a little map of Sheridan College for you. If I am being honest, I had little idea where I was going and it kind of felt like a maze on the first day. But you will get used to it! My advice is to enter through the SKAET building first, to avoid confusion. A map is also located like this one as soon as you walk in. 

I hope you've enjoyed this (very) small tour of Sheridan College. There is so much more to discover when you get here, and I assure you you will be glad that you came. 

Sincerely, 

Ashleigh




No comments:

Post a Comment